Help ! My OnePlus smartphone is spying on me
Once again, we will talk about privacy and collected data
Day after day, the story keeps repeating.
You can find plain text explanations below.
As a manufacturer, OnePlus already accesses to applications, geolocation, your camera.
It seems they were interested in collecting more data from the network :
- IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity): a unique number which identifies every mobile terminal
- phone numbers: your phone book, your calls
- MAC addresses: unique identifier for you wifi or Bluetooth connections
- Mobile networks' names: names of the networks around you, name of your operator's one
- IMSI Prefixes: good to know if you're connected to your normal network or using roaming abroad